Are you creative, want to work on interesting/challenging projects? Is developing an app something you’re excited to do? Let’s get you started on the path. Check out our technology. Submit, along with your resume, a proposal to develop an IIoT application using our technology. If you are selected to fill the internship, under the guidance of senior engineers you will develop and implement your IIoT application.
Work should be performed at the FreeWave Technologies location in Boulder, Colorado unless otherwise specified by functional management.
As part of their tenure at FreeWave the intern is expected to:
Undertake a minimum of one software development project
Complete that project
Report work progress using the appropriate tools
Help the Software Development team as needed
The period of activity will start as soon as possible, the position will work a reduced schedule during the academic year and may work 40 hours per week during the summer/winter breaks. The work will be undertaken in an area approved by R&D Management as relevant to FreeWave, and will be overseen by a member of the engineering team.
FreeWave has no infrastructure to support visiting interns from out-of-state. The intern will be responsible for arranging their own accommodation for the period of engagement and for any travel required. While this favors local area candidates, interns from elsewhere are not discouraged from applying.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Flush out project proposal with senior member of the engineering team; timeline, milestones, deliverables
Tasks may be part any area of the software development lifecycle including design documentation revisions, software coding, software source control management
Report progress on project
Other duties as assigned
Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this position
- Basic knowledge of software development and the ability to apply that knowledge in a practical manner
- Quick learner who enjoys the opportunity to apply the fundamental principles learned in the academic arena to real world software development
- Ability to follow established software development processes
- Ability to assist in any segment of the software development lifecycle
- Good verbal and written communications skills
Educational Requirements: Experience: and Certifications:
- Basic software engineering knowledge normally obtained through college level coursework or equivalent experience
Looking to work for a company that will spark your innovation, fuel your professional growth, and offer unlimited future potential?
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of our 22-year history, and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded professionals to join our team and grow with us. We’re poised to expand from a M2M communications leader into an IIoT networking powerhouse, with many new products on the horizon and partnerships with organizations like Oracle and Aruba that will drive us to the next level.
Here are a few things about us, and why we’re a great fit for your career:
- 20+ years of industry leadership and solid track record with an exciting start-up vibe
- A proven leader in the exploding Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space
- Laser focus on exceptional service delivery to our 1000s of long-term customers
- New, seasoned executive team with a Silicon Valley energy and approach
- Clear, robust strategy for leading-edge technology growth in the IIoT market
Come join us in creating groundbreaking IIoT solutions that help further connect our world ? from sensor to server.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.