SE-III will provide technical support and expertise throughout the sales cycle to ensure complete customer satisfaction, including during the technology evaluation stage, to assist the sales team in securing design wins. SE-III role will be split 60/40 between pre and post-sales. As a result, the SE-III must be able to articulate FreeWave’s technology and product value proposition across multiple product lines, vertical markets and customer technical/business levels (Technician to C-Level). SE-III will be focused on pre-sales support of requirements definition, product/solution demonstration and validation, evaluation support, technical specifications, competitive analysis, training and interoperability testing of FreeWave with 3rd Party technologies. In addition, SE-III will also support existing customers through coordination and escalation of technical support, on-site field assistance and interfacing with Product Line Management. Travel is required - which may reach 70% on a month to month basis. This position is located in Boulder, CO or home office within a desired geography.
Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support for embedded communication system solutions to meet technological and customer requirements.
- Define and analyze system design requirements and provide documentation to meet defined and anticipated customer needs, while meeting quality and performance standards.
- Write integration and test plans: conduct and lead system verification, testing and integration efforts to ensure optimum system performance.
- Build and maintain close relationships with customers.
- Perform any necessary diagnostics, technical troubleshooting, and service and network optimization either remotely or on-site with customer.
- Perform customer technical presentations/demonstrations in support of the sales team to secure design wins for FreeWave.
- Collaborate with team members to solve customer problems and document best practices to improve team performance.
- Provide input into Product Management for product roadmaps, and offer field input into the design of new products and functionality to support market requirements.
- Ability to travel to customer sites with minimal notice required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Qualifications
- Experience in FreeWave vertical markets: Oil, Gas, Electric Utilities, Govt. & Defense, Precision Agriculture, Waste Water, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent deductive reasoning, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to develop and deliver quality PowerPoint to a local and remote audience
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and complete tasks in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and customers
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently with multiple customers and projects
- Self-driven to develop expertise in product operation in customer environments
- Willingness to ask for help in a reasonable timeframe
- Experience with RF and IP Networking required
- Must understand SCADA data radios
- Certification on Anritsu spectrum analyzer required
- Experience with PathLoss V required
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent required
- Experience with SalesForce.com , SharePoint and Virtual Meeting (i.e. Unified Meeting, WebEx, GoToMeeting) preferred
- Experience with Linux strongly desired
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages strongly desired: Python, Java, C++
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/scientific discipline, AND
- 7+ years of previous technical pre/post sales experience, OR
- Relevant combination of education and experience
Looking to work for a company that will spark your innovation, fuel your professional growth, and offer unlimited future potential?
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of our 22-year history, and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded professionals to join our team and grow with us. We’re poised to expand from a M2M communications leader into an IIoT networking powerhouse, with many new products on the horizon and partnerships with organizations like Oracle and Aruba that will drive us to the next level.
Here are a few things about us, and why we’re a great fit for your career:
- 20+ years of industry leadership and solid track record with an exciting start-up vibe
- A proven leader in the exploding Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space
- Laser focus on exceptional service delivery to our 1000s of long-term customers
- New, seasoned executive team with a Silicon Valley energy and approach
- Clear, robust strategy for leading-edge technology growth in the IIoT market
Come join us in creating groundbreaking IIoT solutions that help further connect our world ? from sensor to server.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.