Product Line Manager with lifecycle management responsibilities for our Ethernet and Wi-Fi product families for IIoT communications. Responsibilities will include all aspects of the product from ideation or concept through end of life.
1) Own and drive the full product life cycle management for selected product families within the FreeWave portfolio.
a) Support business case analysis for new products, product replacements, and business justification for continuing R&D investment in the product roadmap.
b) Define requirements for new products, including product definitions and market requirement specifications, driving the input to the product development process.
c) Define commercial packaging and pricing.
d) Secure early involvement and close cooperation with all the stakeholders (e.g. R&D, sourcing, supply, services) in the life cycle process to ensure their commitment.
e) Oversee the product introduction to ensure supply-ability, including business and sales tools, certifications, and trade compliance.
f) Collect feedback from market, create and maintain a prioritized candidate list of features and risk register on bid commitments to future functionality. Manage product requirements ensuring strategic fit, financial and technical feasibility, and manage the resulting product roadmap.
g) Competitive analysis.
h) Create, and secure the creation of appropriate business and product documentation in a timely and effective manner, supporting successful development, marketing, and sales of the product.
i) Monitor, follow up, and actively evaluate product performance – both financial and functional – to optimize commercial success.
j) Drive substitution and phase out (EOL) of products and components to assure a competitive product portfolio.
k) Evangelize and act as a spokesperson for the product, as needed, at tradeshows, conferences, and customer meetings.
2) Manage the product launch process both internally and externally
a) Manage communications related to dates, forecasts, and new product introduction.
b) Manage the product launch plan (Beta, GA, etc.) and related commercial introduction milestones.
c) Create and oversee the creation of product-level collateral, including (but not limited to): sales presentations, sales guides, application notes, references, and success stories.
d) Provide product features, market and competitive positioning training to global Sales and technical sales support.
e) Publish and maintain relevant product collateral via appropriate communication tools to Sales, resellers, Marketing, and customers.
- Products that match customer needs (requirements & quality) for several market segments
- Commercial justifications, product definitions, and requirements specifications
- Product roadmap and manage customer expectations
- Product launch plans
- Sales collateral and training
- Product release and lifecycle status management
- Product development status
- Measurement, where possible, of product profitability, financial performance, and growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years’ product management experience.
- Required expertise in radio communication products used in vertical markets such as Oil & Gas, Water/Wastewater, Municipalities, and other industrial verticals.
- Experience with remote measurement equipment and devices such as sensors, RTUs, PLCs, etc.
- Prior experience in sales/systems engineering, product marketing, or technical marketing.
- Prior experience in high-tech product line management, including all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Essential to have good technical awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer interaction, teamwork, project and time management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, high energy, determined, and inclusive and quality-driven attitude.
- Experience in Oil & Gas, Water/Wastewater, Smart Grid, Municipalities or other industrial markets
- MBA preferred
Looking to work for a company that will spark your innovation, fuel your professional growth, and offer unlimited future potential?
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of our 22-year history, and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded professionals to join our team and grow with us. We’re poised to expand from a M2M communications leader into an IIoT networking powerhouse, with many new products on the horizon and partnerships with organizations that will drive us to the next level.
Here are a few things about us, and why we’re a great fit for your career:
- 20+ years of industry leadership and solid track record with an exciting start-up vibe
- A proven leader in the exploding Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space
- Laser focus on exceptional service delivery to our 1000s of long-term customers
- New, seasoned executive team with a Silicon Valley energy and approach
- Clear, robust strategy for leading-edge technology growth in the IIoT market
Come join us in creating groundbreaking IIoT solutions that help further connect our world from sensor to server.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.