The System Test Engineering Intern will be exposed to a variety of technologies associated with the software and hardware aspects of Telemetry radios currently being designed and manufactured at FreeWave. These areas might include software, circuit design, RF specialties, or challenges that are interdisciplinary within the general scope of Electrical or Computer Engineering.
As part of their tenure at FreeWave, the Intern is expected to:
1) Undertake System Test related tasks in one of his or her nominated areas of interest;
2) Complete a System Test project in that area, and
3) Report on the work undertaken.
The work will be undertaken in an area approved by Engineering Management as relevant to FreeWave, and will be overseen by a member of the engineering team. The position is available immediately and is anticipated to work 40 hours per week. Please see description below.
FreeWave has no infrastructure to support visiting interns from out-of-state. The intern will be responsible for arranging their own accommodation for the period of engagement and for any travel required. While this favors local area candidates, interns from elsewhere are not discouraged from applying.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Execution of system test plans in order to identify problems and their causes.
- Documenting defects found using a bug tracking system.
- Preparing test reports from test data.
- Monitoring and tracking bug resolution efforts and status.
- Assists in the system test plan creation and updates.
- Assists in test automation and test tool development.
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this position
Skills and Abilities Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of RF, electronics and computers and ability to apply Electrical/Software Engineering knowledge in a practical way
- Quick learner and enjoys hands-on trouble shooting activities.
- The ability of following established test procedures to execute test cases and record results.
- Ability of assisting in the modification and enhancements of test processes and test cases.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Basic Electrical/Software Engineering knowledge, normally obtained through college level coursework or equivalent experience.
Looking to work for a company that will spark your innovation, fuel your professional growth, and offer unlimited future potential?
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of our 22-year history, and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded professionals to join our team and grow with us. We’re poised to expand from a M2M communications leader into an IIoT networking powerhouse, with many new products on the horizon and partnerships with organizations like Oracle and Aruba that will drive us to the next level.
Here are a few things about us, and why we’re a great fit for your career:
20+ years of industry leadership and solid track record with an exciting start-up vibe
A proven leader in the exploding Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space
Laser focus on exceptional service delivery to our 1000s of long-term customers
New, seasoned executive team with a Silicon Valley energy and approach
Clear, robust strategy for leading-edge technology growth in the IIoT market
Come join us in creating groundbreaking IIoT solutions that help further connect our world ? from sensor to server.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.