You will be responsible for developing embedded software for FreeWave wireless products. You have “The Knack”. You’ll be involved in all phases of the embedded software development lifecycle including requirements analysis, architecture review, software design, software coding, unit testing, integration, testing, and supporting system testing. You enjoy working in the “guts” of IIoT embedded wireless systems that can be used to interoperate M2M as well as with IoT cloud services.
You get to collaborate with the team in our Boulder, Colorado location unless otherwise specified by functional management.
Show off these skills and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with embedded software development with emphasis on networking and wireless technologies
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this position
- Experience with embedded Linux drivers and user space software development
- Experience with concurrency primitives such as semaphores, mutexes, task priorities, threads, etc.
- In-depth knowledge on network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, multicast, SNMP, MQTT and related protocols
- Demonstrated ability to deliver reliable software for industrial mission critical applications
- Strong wireless and network protocol experience
- Ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems
You’ll stand out if you know or have used:
- C / C++
- JTAG Debugger
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Wire Shark
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of its 24-year history. FreeWave is currently a Machine-to-Machine (M2M) wireless communications leader and is rapidly expanding its product base to become an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse.
Today FreeWave has a solid wireless platform that currently serves thousands of industrial customers. In addition, FreeWave has just released the new ZumLink and WavePro platforms that enable greater versatility including programmable functionality at the edge of IIOT networks.
Join the Wave ... Free Thinkers changing the Industrial Wireless World
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.