Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the R&D Manager will have responsibility for managing the successful development and deployment of the company’s M2M RF products and solutions.
The individual will manage a focused team of engineers in addition to leading and directing outside technology partners. This includes partnerships with chip set providers, ODMs, new technology start-ups, and 3rd party software providers. As the engineering leader, the individual will work closely with the product marketing team in generating the roadmap of products and solutions that will need to be developed. The R&D Manager and team of engineers will be responsible for determining the best engineering approach to realizing that roadmap, including product architectures, selection of technology partners, resource planning, test planning, product scheduling, costing, and NPI planning. The individual will then manage the team and external partners to ensure the project objectives are met.
The R&D Manager will work closely with customers to get products certified and approved for use. Once introduced, will then work closely with the sales and technical support to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality objectives are being met
The R&D Manager must be hands on, have a good knowledge of hardware and software designs.
Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be both a strong Manager and technical leader for the group.
- Ideally be known-in and reputable within the networking or RF Industry.
- 10+ years of demonstrable success of strong engineering management background in communications networking hardware and software utilizing Test Driven Development
- Demonstrated understanding and skills in project and program management, risk management, including 3rd parties
- Demonstrated success in developing products by utilizing outside company resources and partnerships. Experience with ODM developments an advantage
- 5 or more years’ experience working for a small company, in addition to 5 or more years’ experience working for a larger more mature market leader.
- Team player who can effectively work with the cross functional team, and can effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- An understanding and desire of how to continuously improve product quality. Demonstrated ability to use lightweight processes to improve engineering results.
- Can stay on top of and apply the latest technology trends and engineering processes for the organization.
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this position.